emma b. says

Thursday, August 19, 2004

Woebegone, Erupting

Would I were a volcano, a sampling of my molten lava:

listen to my tale of woe, it's terribly sad but true
Gigantic, big, big love
cigarettes and chocolate milk
your own personal jesus
mister state trooper, please don't take me
tonight's the night
when I was seventeen, it was a very good year
Alexander the great
cortez, cortez
I'm just a poor boy, from a poor family... fandango
we're just two lost souls swimmin' in a fish bowl,
year after year,
runnin' over the same old ground, what have we found, the same old fears.
how I wish you were here.
you do, something to me, something that simply mystifies me
1979
oh, I'm on fire
and I ran, I ran so far away
lay across my big brass bed
I am sixteen going on seventeen
somewhere in my youth and childhood, I must have done something good
clang, clang, clang went the trolley
ne me quitte pas, ne me quitte pas,
ne me quitte pas
cuz roses really smell like poo-oop-poo-poo
might as well have fun cuz your happiness is done and your goose is cooked
but will you settle for love
pour some sugar on me
tais toi donc, grand Jacques, que connais tu de l'amour
I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair
Springtime for Hitler and Germany
I think I seen about everything, when I seen an elephant fly
she's got eyes like the bluest skies
please have some pity, I'm all alone in this big city
summertime, and the livin' is easy, fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high
your daddy's rich and your mama's good lookin'
why can't I get just one fuck
fuck and run
strange fruit
someone who will watch over me
la valse a mille temps
ma vie en rose
red, red wine
we gonna rock down to electric avenue, and then will take it higher
do you realize, that you have the most beautiful face, do you realize
that everyone you know, someday will die.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home