emma b. says

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Infomercial

OK Barack, whatever ambrosia your sellin', I'm buying.

I called my dad immediately afterward, we were both teary.

I have never, he had never, seen anything like that. It's a new era of the cinematic politic. I am both enchanted and deeply suspicious.

What a country. In one breath on NPR you have African American voters in St. Louis thrilled to vote for the first time at thirty, after a decade and some of lassitude, in the next you have a bunch of white supremicists whose factions are divided as to whether to get rid of the n***** now or let him be elected and therefore bolster their fanatic numbers, this they speak of candidly of National fucking Public Radio. Good God, really?

Closer, my peer group here in Portland is skirting dangerously close to the rounds of lay-offs, I count my lucky stars before I sleep I landed somewhere stable. Salary be damned, poor is the new black.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home