emma b. says

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I had never seen Frigate birds and I had never seen whales. La famille Emma packed up and went to Mexico, for the sun and the tequila of course. And a few minor familial squabbles and a lot of doubles, frere Emma and I were roundly trounced by our nearly geriatric progentors and I only had one snit fit because pere Emma was baiting me from the service line.

Reposado, reposado, reposado, in tequila and on the beach, curled in deck chairs and swaddled in fiction, drizzled in sunlight and luxuriating in the sweet, sweet sorta washed vacation sweat. Pelicans and Swallows come south for the winter, christmas morning in the high, bright sunlight, I said my mass to the rip tide and it didn't suck me under and out to sea. I met Jesus, actually I met several.

And a nice boy on the flight home, where I thought we might never ever land, just keep on that eternal descent through the white of the fog, through the buffetting winds, and sitting there in my new silver necklace and lovely tan, I would perish without ever taking his hand or showing my friends what the sun did to my highlights, fanfuckingtastico ladies and gentlemen. I'll give you a really subversive war on Christmas, lets all go to Mexico. Because I was watching people cross themselves as they crossed before the cathedral, and all the trees are plastic, and the streets are lined with pointsettias which are far from local, and hey! there is a walmart and a hooters, and there are a lot of drunk americans in desperate need of saving. Coulda maybe have even saved me.

Then again, I have a particular fondness for testing the boundaries of the prudishly lewd, splayed suggestively with my book, legs crossed, spine straight, pages unsullied, and according to my smartypants twelve year old cousin I need a princess cruise ship's full of hail marys to rescue my hang dog soul, whatever, fucking uppity virgins. well ha ha ha my boobs are bigger and I don't need floaties in the pool. See, see what tequila does, suddenly you're in a pissing contest with a stone sober nearly adolescent girl. Now picture that and magnify by it twelve and you'll get an idea of the famille Emma ad hoc chicken man super christmas tequila extravaganza, replete with real sparklers, the super long ones that actually emit sparks, like when I was little. But these were the mexican double wide version, providing minutes of hilarity for me and my drunk ass granny. Good times.

And then there was frere Emma (hey brother!) scoping the thirteen year old honey colored bikini clad honies and their watchful daddies. Just like when pere Emma exclaimed mid ad hoc chicken man super christmas tequila extravaganza that he wished he had some dope - two words - Mexican Jail!

I am a law breaker, and do not fear Mexican Jail as I brought back Cuban cigars in the deep smuggling side pocket of my purse, and has happened every time I have had any sort of vaguely and very vaguely illicit contraband on my person (or in my purse) I kind of knowingly and very politely bat my eyelashes and sail on through, even in GW's post 911 world a little bit of deferential charm goes a long, long way. Not that (hi NSA!) I ever tried anything more adventurous than a few cubans and a bottle of havana club 7yr - yum, yum, yum. And that time when when I was 21 and brought a barret of hash from the netherlands in my bra, and got all nervous and sweaty decending into LAX... and could smell it on my skin, and they had dogs at customs... and pere Emma was waiting for his only daughter on the other side of the imposing sliding doors. And I was sweating bullets and sweating hash, and the nice lady at customs welcomed me home, just like the time that I smuggled my kitten home... but that's another tail that has nothing to do with dumb acts committed under the pervasive influence of tequila, mexico, drugs, or single engineers with lethal smiles on airplanes.

2 Comments:

  • They were at least fifteen, if they were a day.

    Frere

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:45 PM PST  

  • They were at least fifteen, if they were a day.

    Frere

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:46 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home