emma b. says

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day. Oh, Thank God.

I was sitting in a room with full of friends and strangers, that was a speech for the history books, beautiful, gracious, intelligent. There was not a dry eye in the house.

As always, I have twin doses of optimism and skepticism, but tonight I have allowed myself to be giddy and possibly tipsy.

Thank you America for not making me stay up 'til the wee hours, then showing up to work the following morning still drunk and belligerent.

California, you are making me really sad. Californians, get the fuck out of your neighbor's bedrooms, you oughtta know better. Shame on you. Love is so rare, how could you judge anyone who finally finds that sweetness, two dicks, two twats, who cares, as far as I am concerned anyone who does is nothing but a used up stanky self-righteous douchebag.

Update - Portlanders are setting off those sweet, sweet illegal State of Washington fireworks all over the South East. And horns, they are blaring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home