emma b. says

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Good and The Bad

It gets tempered in the end, in the end it's all a wash.

The Runner ran out of the picture, but I put an offer on a bungalow and it's been accepted.

I had a really promising interview, and I am holding my breath.

My brother sent me out to rent the first disc of Battlestar Galactica, and I trundled down to open an account, and the lady was super nice and blah, blah, blah.

I parked the car, have I mentioned how very dark here it is, I opened my door and BAM. My worst nightmare, the sound of metal buckling, I was confused, I was frightened.

A cyclist plowed into me, I didn't see him and he didn't see me, when my faculties were coralled all I saw was a man draped over my door and I was sure I had just lived my worst nightmare, I'd killed a man over a DVD.

My car is hurt worse than he, I'm grateful for it. I'd rather swing into my vehicle all Dukes of Hazard like than worry that I had injured a father or a husband, or even just a man.

It's only material. It's only material.

if you are out there and you are rooting for me, the licks I can take, I expect as much, but keep your fingers and your toes crossed, that this man is unharmed, that my future home with the veranda will pass inspection, that escrow will proceed, that these lovely people at this lovely little company will decide that I am the best fit. That the economy will not collapse, that we are safe in our states and in our States, that our families are safe, even if my father is suffering from some Inca bug in Lima, that we hold tight to our friends, that we hold tight in general, making allowances for breath and wonderment.

since my shoulders are hitched up to my earlobes I am going to warm them in the bath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home